Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The first post

I'm going to be honest with everyone who will eventually read this: I hate the idea of doing this.

Every personal blog I've read has sucked, mostly because I don't care about the everyday, unimportant details of your life. Until now, I guess I've just been paying it forward to the internet by not having a blog.

However, things are different now. I'm doing some cool stuff these days, and I want everyone who cares to know about it. At the very least, this beats the long and often broken email chain that started with my parents while in Costa Rica that may or may not have reached everyone.

In less than two days, I leave for New Delhi, India, where I will be working with kids in some fashion (I'm honestly not really sure exactly what I'm doing because I haven't been receiving all the right emails). Its ok though, and I'm sure things will work out fine. This trip is part of a larger volunteer/work trip I am taking this year that will bring me to India, Israel, and Tanzania and has already brought me to Costa Rica (which was pretty great). Accompanying me are my friends Rachel and Becky, who are both awesome.

Hopefully this blog will serve its purpose well, informing my family and friends of what I'm up to while abroad without having to screw around with those emails. If I am able to keep everyone updated in these blunt, poorly written accounts, I will feel as if I have begun to accomplish my goal of saying more than "It was good," when people ask me how my trip was.

Anyway, I'll write more when I actually leave this country.

2 comments:

Steve P. said...

Phil - Looking forward to following your trip. - Steve

aunt lizz said...

have an awesome time! i can't wait to follow your adventures and live vicariously through you!
loads of love..me